Repositioned for the future
Markus Krauss, who has held a senior managerial role at Thomas since 2003, has become Chief Executive Officer of the company effective from January 1, 2018. Dietrich Thomas, who directed the company from 1982 as the second-generation CEO, has retired in 2018.
His son Christoph Thomas has been appointed to the Managing Board as the CCO, effective from January 1, 2018, thus advancing from his successful role as Head of Transmissions Management. Therefore, Thomas retains its character as a family-run business. Jürgen Heck, before Head of Engine Management and Chassis, the largest business unit at Thomas in terms of revenue and headcount, has become the third member of the Managing Board, as CTO. As a telecommunications engineer and the long-standing CTO of a pioneering automotive supplier of electronic modules, he brings valuable skills to the Board when it comes to the company's strategic alignment under the "sense – think – act" program.
Both the management reshuffle and the expansion of the Managing Board are to be seen against the backdrop of company growth and dynamic market developments. At the same time, they pave the way for the richly deserved retirement of Dietrich Thomas, which had been planned well in advance. Building on its demonstrable expertise, the solidity of a family-run business, wide-ranging opportunities created also by experience from other industries, and an agile, market-driven organizational structure, Thomas is confident that it is well positioned for the future.
Markus Krauss, CEO
Born 1967, degrees in Mechanical Engineering (Dipl.-Ing.) and Business Administration (Dipl.-Kfm.)
- Joined Bosch as a trainee and held the position of project manager, followed by consultancy roles at international companies, including enterprises in the US and France
- Member of the Managing Board at Thomas since 2003, most recently with responsibility for company-wide operations
- Responsible areas: Mobility Solutions, Quality & Processes, Admin Services, Finance & HR
Jürgen Heck, COO / CTO
Born 1966, Dipl.-Ing. Nachrichtentechnik (degree in Telecommunications Engineering)
- Long-standing CTO at various companies, including a technology-focused electronics enterprise within the automotive industry
- 2014 - 2018 Head of Engine Management and Chassis at Thomas
- Responsible areas: Development Actuation & Plastics, Electronics, Operations und Purchasing
Christoph Thomas, CCO
Born 1984, Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur (combined degree in Engineering and Business Administration)
- Several years working as a Development Project Manager for a major automotive supplier
- 2014 - 2018 Head of Transmission Management at Thomas; prior to this
- Responsible areas: Off Highway Solutions, Healthcare Solutions